Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Homemade Lunch from Heaven

Day 9.

I made the most fabulous lunch today! Not much was different, except for the added scallops, which made all the difference.
  • Organic Romaine Lettuce + Organic Spinach topped with (Lightly steamed) Organic Basil + Organic Arugula + Lemon + Garlic
  • Homemade Dressing (ACV + Olive Oil + Cinnamon)
  • 3 lightly-cooked Scallops in Lemon Juice
  • About 1/4 c. Salmon
It was such a delicious lunch; very satisfying, too!

As I mentioned before, Mondays and Tuesdays are my long workout days. I was extremely sore today from my workout yesterday. I truly believe that nutrition and fitness go hand-in-hand. I believe they feed off of one another and in conjunction make one whole. I believe that you get out of your body what you put into it. As the old saying goes, "You are what you eat." If you eat sugar, empty carbs and things that are not right for your body everyday, then how can you expect your body to produce the results you are hoping for? Put good things into it and then work it all out...amazing what will happen!

Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Spirulina, Aloe Vera, Fish Oil, Mango and Stevia (Yes, I switched the fruit up today!)
Snack
  • Organic Carrots
  • Organic Apple
Lunch
  • Organic Romaine Lettuce + Organic Spinach topped with (Lightly steamed) Organic Basil + Organic Arugula + Lemon + Garlic
  • Homemade Dressing (ACV + Olive Oil + Cinnamon)
  • 3 lightly-cooked Scallops in Lemon Juice
  • About 1/4 c. Salmon
Snack - Pre-Workout
  • Organic Quinoa
  • Grilled Chicken
  • Organic Apple
Snack - Post-Workout
  • Orange
Dinner
  • Homemade Dressing (ACV + Olive Oil + Cinnamon)
  • 3 lightly-cooked Scallops in Lemon Juice
  • About 1/4 c. Grilled Chicken
  • Organic Corn Tortilla
  • Dried Bananas
I got bloated around 3pm again today. It, again, was my lower left side pain and then bloating. It subsided around 5pm. I am very happy to report my mouth was pretty good today! On a scale of 1-10 (which I use as my rating scale for mouth "annoyance") it was at about a level 2/3 today. That's moving mountains for me!

The girls at work are taking me out for lunch tomorrow - The Cheesecake Factory. I would have loved to have said, "I'm sorry. I can't." But I felt that was too rude. I'm so thankful for them. So I'll go, but I have to say - I'm so scared to eat out now; maybe even a little phobic! I'm crossing my fingers on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment