Monday, April 20, 2009

Welcome to Week 2

Welcome to Week 2!

Today was an overall decent day. I had some left side pain that started around 3pm - bloating pain. Not fun! I believe this is either from damage OR damage + the 1/2 c. of black beans (no salt added) I ate with my lunch today. I ate lunch around 1pm and by 3pm had pain. We all know that beans are gassy for normal people, so I would imagine that maybe they are a little hard on me right now.

I tried a new kind of Glee Gum today, the Tangerine flavor. I loved it! It took me back to my days of "Tropical Twist" Trident, only without the chemicals!

Monday and Tuesdays are my long workout days. I spend about 2-2.5 hours after work at our Club doing various things. Mondays typically include warm up or sprints, then lifting and finally 30-45 minutes of spin class.

Tonight during spin (as my legs started to feel like bricks) the instructor said, "Listen to your body. What is it telling you?" And as she said that, my legs moved harder and faster because I knew my body was saying, "I'm not dead yet. I still have energy. Take all my energy and run with it."

The same is true with food for me now. I am constantly in a state of determining "What is my body telling me? Am I hungry? Or am I thirsty? How does my stomach feel? How does my mouth feel?" And after I determine this, I am working on "What can I do to improve the situation through my next meal?" Maybe something has been off today, maybe it was off yesterday, but I am remembering that it has been off for years and years. I am happy to finally recognize this, make the change and move forward.

Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Spirulina, Aloe Vera, Fish Oil, Banana and Stevia
  • Raw Walnuts
Snack
  • Organic Carrots
  • Organic Apple
Lunch
  • Organic spinach + basil + arugula + Romaine lettuce + garlic + lemon juice
  • Organic, no salt added Black Beans
  • Salmon
  • Homemade Dressing (Olive Oil + Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar + a pinch of Cinnamon)
Snack - Pre-Workout
  • Organic Quinoa
  • Grilled Chicken
  • Organic Apple
Snack - Post-Workout
  • Organic Apple
Dinner
  • Wild Salmon Burger
  • Salad with Homemade Dressing from earlier
  • Organic Corn Tortilla
  • Dried Bananas

No comments:

Post a Comment