Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Boring

Day 79.

I find myself becoming somewhat boring when it comes to my food these days. I'm not sure I'm liking where this is going. With my boredom comes my hunger. With my hunger comes not enough energy to carry me through my harder workouts. It's the "food-domino-effect" that I'm struggling with.

I know in my head and in my heart that eating this way is making me feel better overall. But there are so many foods that are so good for us that I cannot have, but that would "spice" up my food-life so much. I would give almost anything to just have some of my Greek Yogurt. I could eat it with fruit, put it in a smoothie or cream it up to make it as a sauce or sour cream. How simple that sounds. And yet, how far away it seems for me.

I met with Leah last Friday night. She made me a great drink with her new Food Processor. I am in need of one of those. All she did was put carrots, cucumbers and pears in the processor and in no time I had a refreshing drink.

Refreshing. I am now striving to move beyond "boring" and into "refreshing."

I am into my 2nd series of the GI Micro's. This will be the last round of killing the parasites, yeast and/or any other harmful organisms in my stomach. I am confident that this is working.

I put up a quote at my desk at work. It says, "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." I need to remember this, even on the days when I'm bored!

My mouth was better than it was yesterday. Today it was only about a level 3/4. About 4pm my stomach started feeling bloated. I wanted to just skip out on my run tonight, BUT I am so focused on getting this training "right." So I did my hills. About an hour after the run, I felt "sick." I barely made it home. It was not pleasant. I feel that the past couple of days are from something this past weekend?

Here was my day:

Breakfast
  • Rice & Shine + Unsweetened Rice Milk+ Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder
  • 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 Fruit Fusion
  • 1/2 c. coffee + stevia
Snack
  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, Flax, 1/2 banana, chlorella and Stevia
Lunch
  • (Steamed) Carrots, squash, zuchinni, cucumber, spinach + garlic
  • (tiny) Baby Organic Spinach
  • Wild Salmon Burger
  • Hot Water + lemon
Snack (Pre-workout)
  • Fruit Fusion
  • Pineapple, honeydew melon, cantaloupe
Dinner (Post-workout)
  • (Steamed) Carrots, squash, zuchinni, cucumber, spinach + garlic
  • (tiny) Baby Organic Spinach
  • Fish oil + spirulina + 1 Tbsp flax a little sea salt
  • 1/2 c. unsweetened appleasauce
  • 1 Grapefruit

No comments:

Post a Comment