Monday, June 8, 2009

No Frills Gym

Day 57.

I started a new schedule for Mondays, so instead of a normal 9-5pm, I'll work 11-7pm. I like this. I love the fact that I can ease into my week. And I really love the fact that I can ditch the 580 traffic on Monday morning!

For anyone who knows me, though, you know that I am an early riser! I could wake up at 6am every morning and go to bed at 9pm each night. I've always been this way. So despite having this great new Monday schedule, I'm not the type that will actually enjoy the ease!

Ryan and I got up at 5:45am and headed to the gym to get our workout in for the day. And we just wanted a quick in and out. Ryan did a leg workout, and I did a back workout. And that was that! This can be accomplished anywhere.

I work at an upscale health and fitness club in San Ramon, CA, called, ClubSport San Ramon. It is an extremely nice, private health and fitness club. We have everything at our Club - outdoor pool (heated year round), indoor and outdoor hot tubs, spa, sauna, steam room, cardio, TRX, racquetball, squash, tennis courts, weights, basketball, adult-only lounge and every single class/activity imaginable for children. We are celebrating our 20 year anniversary on June 20th. In honor of it, we have incredible low enrollment fees for the month of June only. (Contact me if you want to know more.) But I digress....this club is just simply amazing.

Out about 45 minutes from that Club is where Ryan and I workout on the weekends. This is definitely a No Frills Gym. There is nothing fancy and/or sexy about it. But, it gets the job done. And I thought about this today, when I was there at 5:45am. I got a great workout in, in 1 hour and 5 minutes and I didn't need anything fancy to get the job done. You can be anywhere - when you find the gym or club that suits you, anything is possible!

I can't sit here tonight and say it was another fabulous day for my mouth/stomach. It was not. My stomach starting bothering me sometime after lunch. It was upset and moving and just uncomfortable. Unpleasant smells. My mouth started to annoy me some again today as well. It was at about a level 5/6. None of this made me very happy, but it's just another step in my journey. Slowly and surely...

Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Steel Cut Oats, Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, Flax, and Stevia
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar (Dried Apple and Cranberry)
  • Unsweetened Applesauce
  • Peets Coffee with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, and Stevia
Snack
  • Organic Apple
  • Lean Turkey
Lunch
  • Spring Mix + S. Salt + Olive Oil
  • Grilled Chicken
  • New Scallop Pasta Mix
  • Spinach + Garlic
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar (Dried Apple and Cranberry)
Snack
  • Orange
Dinner
  • Spring Mix + Fish Oil + Spirulina + Sea Salt
  • Wild Salmon Burger
  • New Scallop Pasta Mix
  • Spinach + Garlic
  • Orange

1 comment: