Sunday, June 7, 2009

Not a Dime.

(Still on) Day 56.

What do you own that costs you nothing? My husband said something like this to me about a week ago. I can't remember why he said it or what the context was, but I remember the question because I wrote it down.

These days, the answer is almost nothing. Everything you own costs you. As a matter of fact, it costs you more now than ever before. But the beauty in life, the true beauty in life, is when you are able to find the things that don't cost you a dime. And they are, for the most part, not material items. I could think of many things I own that don't cost me anything, but I'm highlighting just two today: My Dogs & My Health. (And why don't I say, "my husband, my family, my friends," ect? Because I don't own them!)

My dogs - my love for them - do not cost a dime. I know, buying them and keeping them alive costs money. Loving them and having them love me back no matter what - priceless. I literally spend hours and hours and hours of my life just being with them. That costs me nothing.

Photobucket

My health - making it a priority - does not cost a dime. Again, the first few steps do cost money (Leah, gym membership, allergy tests). It's the ongoing knowledge and lifetime maintenance that does not cost a thing. Since we have to eat to survive, we might as well own what goes into our bodies. And since we were not made to sit on the couch, eat potato chips and watch TV, we might as well own treating our body to physical exercise. I can be anywhere at anytime and with anyone and still own my health. I own what goes in and what exertion comes out. This costs me nothing.

What do YOU own that costs you nothing?

I had another fabulous mouth day. It was a 1/2 all day. My stomach did start to get twisted around 5pm. It was not very pleasant for a couple of hours. Yesterday I did drink some and I had a lot of pico de gallo, which is diced-tomato based. I suspect one of those things perhaps?

I made another great pasta tonight for the week. It is similar to the one I made last week.
  • Penne De Bole Pasta
  • Baby Scallops
  • Olive Oil + Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Garlic
  • Cilantro
  • Red Peppers
Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Steel Cut Oats, Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, Flax, and Stevia
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar (Dried Apple and Cranberry)
  • Unsweetened Applesauce
  • Peets Coffee with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, and Stevia
Pre-Workout
  • Organic Apple
Lunch
  • Organic Apple
  • Organic Raw Carrots
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar (Dried Apple and Cranberry)
Dinner
  • Spring Mix + Fish Oil + Spirulina + Sea Salt
  • Grilled Chicken
  • New Scallop Pasta Mix
Snack
  • Orange
ps. For any of you out there reading this: I love to hear from you! Anytime you want to comment or shoot me a message of any sort, please feel free to do so! I love what you have to say. I love listening to your thoughts, and I am curious about your own journey! I'm always here - I'm always listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment