Thursday, June 18, 2009

Detox Time

Day 67.

I think I will have to move forward with my all-out detox beginning on Sunday or Monday. Leah wants me to try it, since I'm doing most of it already. But there are a few things that will change. I realized I needed to do this today, when, I got bloated again. I felt a little bloated upon waking. Even though my stomach wasn't very "twisty" or turning and I was able to go to the bathroom one time, I got very bloated. It got bad around 4 or 5pm tonight. I look like I'm pregnant again! I drank a cup of Chocolate Smooth Move Tea, and I also took an Epsom Salt Bath. I'm hoping this helps.

One thing I'm concerned about is Protein. I wonder if I don't digest it properly. I took 4*HCL's with 2 of my meals today. I took all the other supplements as I'm supposed to. I wonder if my system, since it's not fully healed yet, has a really hard time working so hard with the protein? I do eat a lot of protein in the form of fish and lean meat. I don't remember ever being this bloated - if any bloat at all - when I detoxed a few years ago. That detox meant no meat. Leah believes in the term "Flexitarian." I LOVE THAT TERM! It means you can still have meat, but that you eat mostly vegetarian. She said that for my "detox," the only meat I can have is Organic. Basically, what that means to me is.....NO MEAT! Organic meat is so expensive!

If it wasn't for this stomach problem popping back up again, I would say I had an excellent day! My mouth was twitching again - yeah!! I am now even feeling a "pulling" sensation underneath my tongue on the left side. It sounds weird, but I know it's such a good thing. My mouth was about a 0/1 all day. I think a couple of times it was a 1/2. Overall, though, excellent again!

Today I will choose to be happy for the successes, rather than depress over the setbacks! Even if it's just one good thing a day, that's more than it was a few months ago at this time! H.O.P.E.


Here was my day:

Breakfast (Also post-workout - we worked out at 5am today!)
  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, Flax, and Stevia
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar (Dried Apple and Cranberry)
  • 1/2 c. Unsweetened Applesauce
  • Coffee + Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light
  • Sweet Apple Chicken Link
Snack
  • Organic Apple
  • Sweet Apple Chicken Link
Lunch
  • Wild Salmon Burger
  • Squash (steamed) + spinach (steamed) + garlic (steamed) + sea salt
  • Baby Scallops + Ancient Harvest Pasta
  • White Peach
Snack
  • Baby Scallops + Ancient Harvest Pasta
  • Organic Apple
Dinner
  • Squash (steamed) + spinach (steamed) + garlic (steamed) + sea salt
  • Fish oil + Spirulina
  • Baby Scallops + Ancient Harvest Pasta
  • Wild Salmon Burger
  • Unsweetened Applesauce
Alright, bedtime for me. Up at 5am again tomorrow to workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment