Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shifting Energies

Day 72.

I have been so excited to update this Blog all day! Are you sitting down for this? Today was my most perfect day in the past 72 days!

No bloating. None. No mouth problems, as it stayed between a level 0/2 all day. I had energy; my God did I have energy! I ran and ran and climbed stairs and did abs and then yoga, where I was able to do all the poses (tree, frog and push-ups in between). It was amazing!

The only thing that changed from yesterday (in terms of food) was that I didn't have any scallops and/or black beans. Tonight for dinner I had a Wild Salmon Burger. I ate about 20 minutes ago. I'm still doing fine, but we'll see how I progress. Unbelievable. Absolutely Unbelievable.

Today is the day I also answer the question Leah posed to me, '"What are you going to focus your energy on once you are "healed?"' Here it goes:

It's very important that I explain one thing quickly. I will ALWAYS focus on food and nutrition and health via food and nutrition. I have been interested in and obsessed with it my whole life. It intrigues me so much that when I started realizing something was not "right" with my body, I was not the person to just "ignore" what my body was telling me. I started to research, research and then research some more. And even though I came to some of the wrong conclusions, a lot of what I had gathered and found on my own was relevant to me! This part of me will never go away. This healthy (and somewhat "crazy") "foodie" in me will stay until the day I die.

That being said, once I am "healed," I won't have to focus any negative energy on it all. I won't have to be depressed and miserable on a day-to-day basis wondering "what did I do" or "what did I eat" or "why? why? why?" That is what I am looking forward to firing from my life! And when this happens (and it's happening already!!!) here are the two main things I'm focusing on:

1. "Since 2004, runners have trekked from downtown to the Pacific Ocean, where men in tuxedos hand them a Tiffany's necklace." (Runner's World, June 2009) On October 18, 2009 (yes, just 4 short months away) I will run my 1st half marathon - the Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon in San Francisco. I will get in to this race by working hard and showing up for the Nike Club runs in Danville every Sunday. Training starts this upcoming Sunday. This is and will be an incredible feat for me. I attempted to do this last year. I was unsuccessful, as the longer runs (7+ miles) didn't work for me. I would hit about mile 7 or 8 and I would get sick. I would get really sick. If there was no bathroom in sight, many times I thought I was going to throw up, getting chills and all. My stomach was in such bad shape; I was not able to handle the training. I am looking forward to my 2nd attempt! I am praying for the positive thoughts. I am praying for the confidence and strength that I can do it, even with what's happened in the past year. I know I can and I am absolutely re-inspired! You can learn more about this wonderful day and weekend here. And yes, when you cross the finish line, you get a Tiffany's necklace, unique only to this race!

2. Sarah Kay Hoffman Marketing
For anyone who knows me, you know that I've "been on the go" my whole life. If it isn't one thing, it's another!

Example: I had this "dream" of moving to California when I was a Senior in High School. I told everyone I'd do it. My parents did not want me going to college in California by myself, so they said I had to wait until college was over. So I waited. A few months before graduation, I had a job lined up that took me to California. I knew what I wanted, and I made sure I did everything I needed to to get me from point A to B as easily as possible.

My family is not really sure exactly who I belong to, since I've always been this little "go-getter!" But I belong to me. I like it this way!

So I graduated from College, moved to California, fell in love with Ryan (who was in Minnesota at the time), moved back to Minnesota for a minute and then found myself back in California with him. And now my "go-getting-days" look different than they used to somewhat. As I've gotten older (and okay, let's be honest, I'm still only 26) I've learned more and more about myself. I've learned to think for myself and let my mind take me to the place that will find me the most comfort. And what I've learned with regards to my "place" is that I have an incredibly huge passion for entrepreneurship, creativity (writing/design/social media/marketing/pr), positive-ism (I know, not a word...let's just pretend it is today!) and food/health/fitness.

So once I'm "healed," (and I've actually already begun this process) I'm going to be forming my own Consulting Business. I have had several people contact me already for help in a number of these areas. I don't have all the specifics yet. I know some minor details. BUT, this is all a part of me "focusing my energy" on something else.

I can't wait. I will keep you posted!

Here was my day:

Breakfast
  • Rice & Shine + Unsweetened Rice Milk
  • Organic Cranberry Green Tea
  • 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 c. coffee + stevia
Snack
  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, Flax, 1/2 banana and Stevia
Lunch
  • (Steamed) Carrots, squash, zuchinni, cucumber, parsley, cilantro, garlic + spinach
  • (tiny) Baby Organic Spinach + (leftover from Magic Mineral Broth) Kombu + carrot
  • Magic Mineral Broth
Snack (Pre-Workout)
  • Fruit Fusion
Dinner
  • (Steamed) Carrots, squash, zuchinni, cucumber, parsley, cilantro, garlic + spinach
  • Wild Salmon Burger
  • Fish oil + spirulina + a little sea salt
  • Hot water + lemon/peel + pinch cayenne

No comments:

Post a Comment