Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cleansing & Detoxifying

Day 70.

Tomorrow will begin Day 1 of my Detox. I have decided I will do this until I find relief in my on-and-off again bloated stomach. I think the problem should clear up quickly, since I feel like this is the ultimate restriction.

As I have mentioned before, most things I already do. However, a few more things will be cut and a couple of things added.
  1. The plan says NO alcohol or coffee. Of all the things Leah said I can "ignore" these are the 2 that she said are OK, since I do so in such moderation. I will shoot for NO red wine, but 1-2 glasses and probably only on the weekend at some point. I will only have 1/2 cup of coffee a day, if I do have it at all.
  2. No meat for me! My main protein sources will be from: Wild Fish (Salmon and Scallop only) and my Vanilla Rice Protein Powder.
  3. I will reduce greatly my fruit. On a detox diet like this, you are supposed to be able to eat any and all in-season fruit as you want. However, the "raw fruit," I suspect is hard on me. I will only probably have a banana in my morning smoothie and the fruit that's in my Fruit Fusion (not raw). We'll see how that works.
  4. There is NO sugar allowed. Cane Sugar included. Cane Sugar is in my natural Glee Gum. I will not have any Glee Gum.
  5. I will try to get in a steam room/sauna whenever I can.
  6. I will do deep breathing for 3-5 minutes before eating (an additional thing that Leah recommended for me).
Other than that, food and supplements as usual.

I made my Magic Mineral Broth again tonight. I'm so excited to have this for the week. Here is what it looks like pre-cooked:

Photobucket

As promised, my report from yesterday's soy latte. I would say, nothing different. The only thing that was different today is the fatigue I felt. It could be because I only got 6 hours of sleep last night, though, as it was our 20th Party at the Club. (Side note: Once I've detoxed, I will try the Soy Latte again! Can't wait!!) My mouth was okay. It was not spectacular, but nothing to complain about. It was around a 3/4 all day. My stomach wasn't twisting or anything, but got bloated a few times. It's kind of like all the sudden my lower stomach will just feel the urge to "relax," and I look pregnant. It goes back in when it's doing better. I have hypothesized 3 reasons and/or culprits for this, based on times it does this:
  1. Fruit - in the raw and/or anything in the raw
  2. An empty stomach
  3. Protein
I'm hoping this week gives me some answers!

Here was my day:

Breakfast
  • Rice & Shine breakfast "oatmeal"
  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, Flax, and Stevia
  • 1/2 c. Unsweetened Applesauce
  • Coffee + Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light
  • Sweet Apple Chicken Link
Lunch
  • Sweet Apple Chicken Link
  • Squash (steamed) + sea salt
  • Dried, unsweetened coconut
  • Raw walnuts
Snack
  • Tiny Organic Apple
  • "Donut" peach (no, it's not a donut - it's a peach shaped like a donut)
Dinner
  • Grilled Chicken
  • Spinach + spirulina
  • Snap peas grilled with olive oil, cilantro, parsley, sea salt and pepper
  • Unsweetened Applesauce
  • Dried Banana
Ok, hang in here with me. I might become somewhat of a "bear" in the next week detoxing. It's always so hard, but it always makes me feel so good! Join me if you want! The results may surprise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment