Tomorrow will begin Day 1 of my Detox. I have decided I will do this until I find relief in my on-and-off again bloated stomach. I think the problem should clear up quickly, since I feel like this is the ultimate restriction.
As I have mentioned before, most things I already do. However, a few more things will be cut and a couple of things added.
- The plan says NO alcohol or coffee. Of all the things Leah said I can "ignore" these are the 2 that she said are OK, since I do so in such moderation. I will shoot for NO red wine, but 1-2 glasses and probably only on the weekend at some point. I will only have 1/2 cup of coffee a day, if I do have it at all.
- No meat for me! My main protein sources will be from: Wild Fish (Salmon and Scallop only) and my Vanilla Rice Protein Powder.
- I will reduce greatly my fruit. On a detox diet like this, you are supposed to be able to eat any and all in-season fruit as you want. However, the "raw fruit," I suspect is hard on me. I will only probably have a banana in my morning smoothie and the fruit that's in my Fruit Fusion (not raw). We'll see how that works.
- There is NO sugar allowed. Cane Sugar included. Cane Sugar is in my natural Glee Gum. I will not have any Glee Gum.
- I will try to get in a steam room/sauna whenever I can.
- I will do deep breathing for 3-5 minutes before eating (an additional thing that Leah recommended for me).
I made my Magic Mineral Broth again tonight. I'm so excited to have this for the week. Here is what it looks like pre-cooked:
As promised, my report from yesterday's soy latte. I would say, nothing different. The only thing that was different today is the fatigue I felt. It could be because I only got 6 hours of sleep last night, though, as it was our 20th Party at the Club. (Side note: Once I've detoxed, I will try the Soy Latte again! Can't wait!!) My mouth was okay. It was not spectacular, but nothing to complain about. It was around a 3/4 all day. My stomach wasn't twisting or anything, but got bloated a few times. It's kind of like all the sudden my lower stomach will just feel the urge to "relax," and I look pregnant. It goes back in when it's doing better. I have hypothesized 3 reasons and/or culprits for this, based on times it does this:
- Fruit - in the raw and/or anything in the raw
- An empty stomach
Here was my day:
- Rice & Shine breakfast "oatmeal"
- Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, Flax, and Stevia
- 1/2 c. Unsweetened Applesauce
- Coffee + Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light
- Sweet Apple Chicken Link
- Sweet Apple Chicken Link
- Squash (steamed) + sea salt
- Dried, unsweetened coconut
- Raw walnuts
- Tiny Organic Apple
- "Donut" peach (no, it's not a donut - it's a peach shaped like a donut)
- Grilled Chicken
- Spinach + spirulina
- Snap peas grilled with olive oil, cilantro, parsley, sea salt and pepper
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Dried Banana