Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Epsom Salt

Day 65.

I took an Epsom Salt bath on Sunday night. It was great for me - and a cheap way to detox. Simply go to Target, in the Pharmacy section. You will see a carton that looks like this:

Photobucket

It will cost you all of $2.99. Take it home and make yourself you a warm bath and soak in the Epsom Salt. You can click here to see the Amazing Health Benefits of Epsom Salt Baths.

Photobucket

For an added bonus, sip a cup of tea while you are enjoying the bath. Since my stomach was at its worst then, I also gently massaged my stomach. The combination of all 3 things did wonders for me!

I shared these things, and many others, with one of my favorite people in the world yesterday. She sent me a text today and said, "I'm drinking your tea right now and have started my day in zen." She ended with, "I miss your guts." She made my day. Just her random text put a permanent smile on my face, (well until I got to work anyways!) and she reminded me of why I stay strong in mind! There is nothing like sharing information to make someone's day and to help them through their own "tummy" problems.

So to "her" out there (you know who you are) - (From 100 Simple Secrets) "Think of the happy times you, your family, and friends have had together. Recalling happiness of the past has the powerful ability to bring us happiness in the present." Until I see you again - All My California Love to You. Oh, and I miss your intestines."

I had a great weekend! My stomach started to get better on Sunday. Today was a great day. Only slight irritation. I am also happy to report that Saturday, Sunday, Monday and today were all about 0-2/3 levels for my mouth. It's so amazing. I can't think of it enough! (Make note: I did not work any of those days, except today! Hmmmm....)

Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, Flax, and Stevia
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar (Dried Apple and Cranberry)
  • Coffee + Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light
  • Yogi Green Pomegrante Tea
Snack
  • Organic Apple
  • Organic Raw Carrots
Lunch
  • Wild Salmon Burger
  • Squash (steamed) + sea salt
  • Baby Scallops + Ancient Harvest Pasta
  • White Peach
Pre-Workout
  • Baby Scallops + Ancient Harvest Pasta
  • Chile Lime Chicken Burger
Post-Workout
  • Orange
Dinner
  • Squash (steamed) + sea salt + fish oil + spirulina
  • 1/2 c. grilled chicken
  • Unsweetened Applesauce

2 comments:

  1. Epsom salt is great! My mother in law is obsessed with it and introduced it to me shortly after I had my baby. It really helped with the discomforts that follow after going through labor.

    I love reading your stuff!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epsom salt is considered one of the most versatile household products. Ya epsom salt is very useful in many ways. It is crystalline magnesium sulphate. It is useful for growth of plants, can clean body with it, reduces itching, extract out any impurity, reduces nail fungus, skin irritation and have many other benefits. To know more benefits of epsom salt, refer Epsom salts

    ReplyDelete