Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Priceless

Day 66.

My supplements have increased. This is okay. Here is my new supplement protocol.
  • Chlorella - 1/2-1 tsp daily
  • Betaine HCL - 1-4 caps with each meal
  • Probiotic - 2 caps per day
  • Zinc Solution Mouth Rinse - 2 tsp at night
  • Aloe Vera Juice - 3 Tbsp daily
  • Fish Oil - 1 tsp daily
  • B-Supreme - 2 caps per day
  • Digestive Enzymes - 1-2 caps with each meal
  • Cal/Mag/Citrate - 1 scoop at night
  • GI Microb-X - 2 capsules in the morning and 2 capsules at night
I am doing very well with keeping up on this all. I have failed to keep up with the Betaine HCL. I need to get back to that, since I know I'm still not fully digesting the way I should be. The GI Microb-X is very new for me. It is a parasite detox cleansing. You can find out more information about this particular brand I take here.

I was talking to a trainer at our club today. She told me a story about a woman she knows. The woman's husband has Chrons. Chrons, for those of you who don't know, is another "digestive" disease. You can learn more about Chrons here. When I found out I had Proctitis, I had a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy to determine what was wrong. They thought it was most likely I had one of three things: Colitis, Celiac or Chrons. All three are no good!

Anyways, this woman was telling the trainer that she wanted to have another baby, but that due to his Chrons medications the doctor advised they should not have another one. He is also overweight (at least she thought he was). And here is where I jump on my "medication soap box."

I am not a doctor. I do not give medical advice. I do not prescribe medication. What I do prescribe to, though, is the theory that we are over-medicated and under-educated when it comes to medicine. And I believe that I am able to do this because I have witnessed it first hand.

I was diagnosed with Proctitis around May of 2008. I went on "medication." Around July, I had a major flare-up. We were able to take care of it for the time being. I continued to go up-and-down. My mouth, meanwhile, never improved. I didn't change my diet too much, since I always ate very healthy. Sometime this past (early) winter, is when I decided I'd had enough. I was done with the medicine that was costing a fortune, getting me nowhere and even pushing me backwards. Shortly after that is when I found Leah, got my blood allergy tests done and finally moved forward in my life!
  • Cost of my medication - $600/one-month supply
  • Cost of my initial consultation and blood tests with Leah - $427 ($202 for blood tests)
  • Cost to follow a clean diet, avoiding the foods that don't like me - PRICELESS
I have experienced first-hand what medication can do to someone. But please trust me when I say that medicine is not the enemy. The enemy is not educating yourself on what the medication you're taking is/does. Furthermore, the enemy is the one who is closed-minded to the idea that food can heal or at the very least can aid in healing.

If this man took this approach, then perhaps, just perhaps, the medication would not be the determinate as to whether or not they will have another child. I guess we can all take that for whatever it is worth to you.

I felt pretty good again today. My stomach hurt a little bit after lunch. My mouth was about a 5/6 today. Not sure why that would be? Overall, though, I cannot complain much. I took a nice Epsom Salt Bath tonight. Relaxing!

Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, Flax, and Stevia
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar (Dried Apple and Cranberry)
  • Unsweetened Applesauce
Snack
  • Organic Apple
  • Organic Raw Carrot
Lunch
  • Sweet Apple Chicken Link (TJ's)
  • Squash (steamed) + sea salt
  • Baby Scallops + Ancient Harvest Pasta
  • White Peach
  • Organic Cranberry Green Tea
Snack
  • Organic Raw Carrot
  • Orange
Dinner
  • Squash (steamed) + spinach (steamed) + garlic + sea salt + fish oil + spirulina
  • Wild Salmon Burger
  • Snap peas with Olive Oil/Salt/Pepper
  • Unsweetened Applesauce
Time to relax with my Chamomile Tea (and my wonderful husband!).

No comments:

Post a Comment